Sunday, January 8, 2017

Week 16 New Years and Tenrikyo




HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

Wow I can't believe it's already 2017! This year I realized the other
day is the year that I will be in Japan serving for the whole year. I
love that feeling! Wow, what to say.... my Christmas was great saw two
people get baptized! If you thought New Years was a big thing in
America, think again! New Years in Japan is crazy awesome! One of the
things that I love is that New Years ever is dedicated just to
cleaning. Everything is cleaned for the new year! Also New Years is a
four day long holiday! Another cool thing that happened is that I am
now a 2nd transfer, which means that I have been here for 6 weeks, and
I'm freaking out because where has the time gone?
Last week on Monday we visited this old castle that apparently is
really famous, but it's called the Wakayama castle it was amazing to
go to and I learned a lot about it!

Probably one of the craziest stories yet ... but,
This past Wednesday night I was in the kitchen something to eat, and I
started hearing these like plywood clapping or something and it got
louder and louder, I decided to look out the window, to my
astonishment, I saw a group of people with bright yellow jackets and
candles or flashlights can't remember, hitting wood together and
chanting something. I shut the curtain and ducked, now me being a
almost second transfer only 6 weeks in the field, had not a clue on
who they were and what they were doing. In my mind all I could think
was maybe they were coming for the Mormons you never know. After they
started to leave I ran and told my companion, I thought maybe she's
heard of it, but she hasn't so that was weird. We then called the
elders and they told us it was probably this religion called the the
"Tenrikyo". Hey said we would be find, they were like chanting away
bad spirits for the new year!

Wow, we have been going near and far to see members find people to
teach. It's such a great time to be a missionary! We have met so many
nice people, last night this cute couple asked if we wanted to go have
New Years dinner, we felt bad because it was Sunday night but we
thanked them!

Also I was just told tonight we will be a san nin which means there is
another sister with us now! We pick her up from the eki tonight! Her
name is Dayley Shimai I can't wait to meet her! Wow... this is going
to be fun!

Love ロケット姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment