Sunday, February 5, 2017

Week 21: No hablas Español not so much anymore

Family and friends Konnichiwa from the land of the rising sun!

What a week I have had! There is so much that happened!
We got a new INVESTIGATOR! What an amazing answer to our prayers! I
actually was on splits with another sister when it happened. Actually all
three of us were. As I've said before I'm in a san nin (3people) so we had
our Sister Training Leaders(STL) and another set of sisters come and do
splits with us. But, the story to our new investigator is incredible. My
companion sister Dayley and STL sister Manwell were biking and had an
impression to go to this apartment that  looked deserted. They practically
did the 4th floor last door thing and ping ponged every door and he last
one had a man that actually spoke some English. They told him who they were
and that we talk about God and Jesus Christ well this man had lived in the
states for awhile and actually had heard of us, he knew about he Mormons
and e Book of Mormon. They asked at the end if he wanted to learn more, and
to much surprise he said in English "yah... I think I really need God in my
life." Wow! Like talk about a man at is so prepared. I think after hearing
the story it changed the way I think so much. This Saturday we have a
lesson with him.

Well... the title kinda tells the story, but all those many years of taking
Spanish didn't all go to waste. Before the mission I took 7 years of
Spanish, I was afraid I would never use it again. I really had a desire of
one day hat I would be able to use Spanish again. God does answer prayers
if it is what you desire. And I taught my first Spanish lesson this week!
And wow oh wow... I can't remember Spanish to save my life haha. Well, to
be fare I also didn't study Gospel Spanish words. But, I understood so
much. So, that was okay. We invited her to baptism, but she wasn't really
liking that idea yet... so we will give her more time, but she wants to
learn more.

Oh..  also a lot of things changed this week around the world. Missionaries
now have a new schedule. There was a world wide broadcast hat changed our
schedule and key indicators. Honestly, I am so grateful, I really think
they put their time and it was revelation from God! The new schedule is
below!

But, this week was also really exhausting we taught 44 other lessons! Talk
about a hard work! I feel tired, but like a good tired!
One thing I learned this week was that the true trial of faith is to remain
faithful. Remaining faithful sometimes takes more work than we think it
does. For some it is easy to turn to the Lord when you have lost a loved
one or are going through a horrible tragedy, but for some, we ask ourselves
and even at times God "why did this happen to me?" Or "God are you really
there?"

Of course, God doesn't want any of His children to suffer, let alone loose
faith in Him. But, God also knows our true potential. he knows who we are
and who we can become. Often times, I ask myself... am I good enough? Am I
doing everything God asked me to do? I think that's when we sometimes start
to loose the faith in God and in ourselves God doesn't expect us to be
perfect, he just expects us to try our best. Friends and family please
don't loose sight of what's important  in life, and that your best is all
that God expects of you!


Last thing I wanted to share was a funny story. Since we had so many
sisters stay over we had to get more futons. Well we only had  like 4 and
there was 7 sisters, so we had to go get more. Well, we got some more from
the elders and we had to carry them back after the sisters left. Haha.. I
have never seen anything more funny then us three carrying futons and a big
kettle that we used for hot chocolate down the road. I bet no other person
has until now... but we got so many funny looks at us haha! But, we didn't
care! We even had a guy stop next to us and say "you all look like your
warm" and drive away, hahaha!

What a week here in Wakayama!

Stay safe, live life, and enjoy the little moments!

Love ロケット姉妹


No comments:

Post a Comment