Sunday, February 5, 2017

Week 22: Faith over fear - GOD IS REAL



This week has been a short but very exciting week. 

This week on Thursday I got too to my last TTT(trainee,trainer,training) meeting in Kobe. It was a bitter sweet moment. We left for Kobe on Wednesday evening and while on the train haha we met 3 Australians who were traveling in Japan. They just so happened to be from Dayley Shimais home town. They were really nice, talked to them for a little bit. One served in Nagoya,Japan another in Perth, Australia. It was crazy to talk to foreigners that knew who we are. TTT was amazing like always. I always receive so much revelation when I go to these things that i always get headaches haha. But, it was so fun. I got to see my dokis(people I came to Japan with) and my kohai (group that came after us). It was a awesome meeting. I received so many answers to some prayers and things that had been on my mind lately. But, all in all I really enjoyed the meeting. This is the last TTT meeting at I will come as a bean chan (trainee). 


This past Saturday was a day I probably will never forget.
On Saturday we had a lesson with our new investigator T-San. And holy cow he is so amazing! He is incredibly nice, he lived in California for awhile. So his English is perapera(fluent)! But, the lesson went really well, we taught about the restoration, he had so many questions, but we were able to answer as best as we could. But, he understood everything. As we were talking he started saying "okay, so I will read some more of this Book, and maybe go to church next week, is that okay? " We just sat there in aww.. "of course you can" so he is going to come to church next Sunday and we have another lesson on Tuesday. At the end we taught him about prayer, and extended a commitment to pray about our message. We asked if he would want to try praying now. He said "why not" and started praying to himself. He is an amazing guy! 
After we left, we just talked in awww... and couldn't believe what had just happened. All that was running through my head was, is this real, am I in a dream? 
  Fast forward that day... so... we were biking down this road we always go down it has the train station at one end and farther down is the Wakayama Castle. So... one of my companions Dayley Shimai decides to stop this lady... Gusman Shimai an and I were a little ahead, so we turn around and she is having this amazing talk, so we just waited...well this girl walks up and Gusman Shimai and I start talking to her. I'm trying to watch both my companions to make sure they are all okay... I glance over to Dayley Shimai a and this guy just appears out of no where and looked like he was ranting. I told Gusman Shimai I would be right back I go over there and this guy is yelling, full on yelling. Dayley Shimai is trying to teach this lady, I turn to him and try to quiet him down. I start listening to what he is saying I don't want to be rude so... he start yelling "God is not real!"I turn to him and ask "how do you know that?," he then goes on "God sits in silence, he does not answer, why? Why? Why?" (Oh by the way this is all in broken english),Then he just keeps ranting about crazy things.... I finally got a word in and I said "hey, you know what God does answer us, we have our own agency, God can't choose for us". He got silent and then starts ranting again... I basically just full on bore my testimony to him..by this time Dayley Shimai just finished teaching the lesson. She came over and said "sorry we have to go, goodbye." We then rode off. As we were riding I turned to her and said "did you get everything you needed, got her name anything?" "Yah" and then pounded knuckles haha... what a day. 👊🏼
I think that's when I started to see my faith conquer my fear. I thought before the mission I wasn't afraid to do things, then I get out here and I'm really shy, but after that I felt my confidence boost up. I wasn't afraid to tell him what I believed, I wasn't afraid to stand up for what I believed, and I was not afraid to tell him who I represent! 
God definitely played a big role in that.

Lately I have been trying to figure out how to lose myself in the work. And it was answered at TTT. I've heard it many times in church, in the MTC, scriptures, everywhere... by serving other you will lose yourself. Well, I don't think I really understood what that meant until the other day when President Welch said "you don't have time to do what you want, you need to think about everyone else, this is Gods time." And that's so true this is Gods time, this is when I need to give all I have to God because it's not my time. So, this coming week and practically my whole life, I will try harder and harder to forget myself and go to work. Sometimes I think "what do I want", but the thing is, it doesn't matter what I want anymore, it's what God wants!

I love you all! I hope you all are having an awesome week! Keep being you! And look to the Lord!

Love you! あいしています!

Love ロケット姉妹


No comments:

Post a Comment