Sunday, February 26, 2017

Week 25: Flying Mochi and Banana challenge

みなさんこんにちわ、

げんき?

Well, how is everyone? Everyone have a great week? Mine was fun of tough challenges, but lifetime experiences.

This week I was able to teach my full lesson on the Plan of Salvation! And that was so fun, but oh so so challenging. I had a lot of fun with it! We also went and saw one of my favorite people in the world Kitazoi shimai! She is a convert of one year and she is like 86 years old. But, her faith in so strong. Never married doesn't have any kids, but she has faith and a testimony of her Heavenly Father. I love her so so much! She gave my companion and I something of hers, I got a scarf/shall type of thing and I put it on my head and she stops what she was doing and looks at me and says "stop, don't move, I want to draw you!" Haha and grabbed a Pena no paper and drew me, ahah it was so awesome! This past week was Nomura shimai's 20 birthday! We celebrated it with Ramen! I love ramen in Japan! We also went to Starbucks this week and they had Sakara (Japanese cherry blossom) shakes! Like what? So I got one and it was so good! Japan always seems to get better and better everyday! We also went out to the middle of no where on Saturday and met up with a less active member. Talk about no houses or anything. Kouchi can be so inaka(countryside). We had a great lesson and listened to what she was saying. She was having a hard time so we tried to help as best as possible. Today was great we had church.. even though I don't understand half the time of what is going on.. I can see the spirit work through me and I'm able to understand more than I think I do. I am able to testify and use the vocabulary I know. The power of the gift of tongues and Christ's atonement is so real. 


  Today, us and the Elders sat down and were eating some lunch in the kitchen of the church when the Branch president comes in and says "hey there having a mochi nage(throw)", everybody got up and ran outside to see a crowd of people standing around this Buddhist church. I had no idea what this thing was, I just went because. So, we waited, they gave us bags and we waited. These people dressed in some type of clothing came out and brought of boxes of Mochi. Then you here this drum do one hit, and people get ready. And then they just chuck Mochi. Like what the heck? I'm not kidding so much Mochi was falling from the sky. And you know how like when in the states you have parades and people throw candy and all the kids run around and try to get all the candy? Well, that's basically what happened.. except 1.it was Mochi 2. People of all ages were on the ground viciously trying to get Mochi. It was insane, I have never seen such a thing, but it was so fun! All that was coming out of my mouth is " I Love Japan"! 


   So, last thing. This week my district leader Hancock choro called up and was like "hey, I got this awesome idea!" I was like "okay what?" He then started on saying how he doesn't like bananas and I was like haha that's weird me too! Well, then he said "okay lets have a challenge, called the banana challenge. Everyday we all in the district will eat one whole banana" I was like that is the dumbest idea of my life. I am not going to eat a banana. But, we decided okay why not. We tried it and at first it was hard, I can not eat bananas to save my life, I threw up once, but everyday after I felt myself liking it more and more. Well, at district meeting, we talked about it. He said that once we started just trying to enjoy our bananas, life was more enjoyable. It was just a great lesson that I learned by eating bananas. Haha


Have a great week everybody! Enjoy the daily blessings in your life!


Love ロケット姉妹



No comments:

Post a Comment