Sunday, October 22, 2017

Week 59: new baptism, new trainer?




Sent from my iPad


Sent from my iPadDear friends and family,

So much has happened this week.

So, Shumway Shimai and I knew that sometime our companionship would
have to end, and it was this week that we had to be split up. I was
really sad to leave her. She has taught me so much. We have seen so
many miracles together. But, we couldn't leave each without a bang.
And I'm sure that through our obedience this past transfer that God
gave us miracles.
Wednesday we met with Donna. She is one of our former investigators,
she is from Brazil but married a Japanese man, but little by little we
have been keeping in touch with her. We had a lesson set up with her,
so we left and walked to her house. I asked Shumway Shimai, "what do
you think we should commit her to do? To help her faith and to start
repenting?" And she said "lets go BIG! Let's ask her to be baptized!"
My eyes got a little big, you think that's what we should ask?" "Yes!"
"Okay, let's go big or go home!" So, with that thought in our minds we
walked into that house.

We talked to Donna about her life and a lot of things she is wanting
to change in her life. Everything she was saying was centered on being
forgiven by God. She has a few things she is working through right
now... but I was so grateful for her honesty and wanting to receive
help and learn more about Christ and his healing Atonement. In the
most spirit filled part of that lesson. I turned to Donna and I said
"Donna, you can be forgiven." I just love giving people that amazing
message. And we asked her to be baptized. And Donna looked at us,
especially me right after asking and just blank stared into our souls
it seemed like, and said "YES!"
I have never felt so much love and purpose to the work that I am doing
as a missionary. Even in Japan we can find some of the most prepared
people!

Well after that lesson, Shumway Shimai and I still couldn't believe
what we had just witnessed and we knew that God does give those
amazing miracles to those who really really are obedient. Words of
advise: Be Obedient to God!

Well... Monday I received a call that God has other plans for me and
that he needs me to TRAIN! I was called to train a new sister fresh
out of the MTC. And to make things even better, I get to train with
Catron Shimai. One of my old companions Catron Shimai who I was up in
Yonago with. She is also training another sister as well. We were so
happy. When I found out sat Monday I emailed her and she emailed me
back and said... I'm training too! We were soooo happy! So, Wednesday
night Shumway Shimai and I got on a train, and I dropped her off with
the sister training leaders in Okayama and I took off towards Kobe. It
was a long ride over, but it was so awesome. I was able to talk to
this amazing girl about the Book of Mormon half of the way to Kobe. By
the end of our talk I gave her my card and a Book of Mormon. I was so
grateful for that ride. When I got into Kobe I found out that I would
see two of my favorite people. I got to spend the night with Catron
Shimai and Nomura shimai. They both stayed in the Kobe sisters
apartment. It was great to see both of them again. This time I was
able to fully understand Nomura shimai and talk to her. It's crazy how
you can change from a 3rd transfer to a 9th.

The next day Catron Shimai and I walked up to the mission home. We
then were trained by President Smoot and the assistant to the
president. Then I got my bean chan! My little trainee! Sister Smith
スミス姉妹! She way cute and ready to work. She's a little shy, but she is
amazing! It was great to see like 4 others of my doeki (the people
that I came into the mission with) also training. I also got to say
goodbye to Quirce Shimai too!

After we left the mission home. We headed home. Also some of my old
friends from Kouchi came up to say goodbye to a missionary. The next
few days were a little more difficult. We did a lot studying and
trying to get a bike. I don't know why but ever since I became a
trainer I can't find anything.ll so the other day we were trying to
find a potential investigator and I got us lost in the rain hahaha...

But, yah I'm the worst trainer ever haha... we had stake conference
yesterday. We rode up with some members to a city called Niimi. It was
great I was able to talk to and see all of my family from Yonago. I
love those people. We were going to listen to some talks by the
president of the stake, President Smoot and others as well as a Elder
from the 70. Anyways, well it was really good to watch President Smoot
get up and speak in Japanese... he has grown so much. The elder Elder
Gay I believe started speaking. And he started speaking about opening
our mouths. It was more centered on the me,here. He asked all the
missionaries to stand, we stood, he said it again, and said all of you
stand, you are all missionaries. It was so powerful. He then told all
of the full-time missionaries to stay standing. He then asked "how
many of the missionaries brought an investigator to keep standing?"
All of us sat down. He then said how the members need to be opening
their mouths. He then asked a couple of sister missionaries to come
up. No one was standing so I jumped up and said "let's go". My poor
bean chan looked st me with big open wide eyes.. "are you kidding?"
"Nope, lets go." So we walked up there. I thought he was going to ask
a question, but instead said. "Okay, you sisters bare your testimony
of why we need to be apart of this church." I then went like big eyed
too... oh dang it. *gulp* so I stood on this stage big eyed and told
them why they need to be apart of the church. In English, there was a
translator. After my companion gets up and does the same. After he
says "okay which one of you is the senior companion?" Another gulp..
raising my hand slowly.... "okay, you can't leave without giving your
testimony on Japanese." So, you guessed it I gave my testimony in
Japanese. It was a moment in my mission I will never forget.

But, after all of this I realized that it wasn't too bad. Well, now my
bean is not afraid of housing.

Great week! Life is great! Keep smiling everyone.. there is good
things too come.

ロケット姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment