Sunday, October 1, 2017

Week 56: The Spirit: He's the True Converter



Minasan Konnichiwa,

Yep.
Today is about the SPIRIT!
Who is the spirit? Yah well I'm still trying to master him. He's the
one who comforts you when your sad, he helps you make hard decisions
when you stuck, he is the one who whispers in you ear when you are
studying EVERY SINGLE DAY THAT THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE! And you
can't deny he's there with you! Yah, he's the one telling you which
way to go to either go visit one of you investigators or to go see a
less active member who is having a hard time even knowing if the
church is true. He's the one who understands your problems, who tells
you what your doing is in line with Gods, that you can't just want to
cry because if you don't say that prayer together before you go into
that lesson, you won't have the spirit to be with you! And when you go
to church every week and partake of the sacrament, you sing praises of
joy and remember the covenants you have made with HIM! And you feel
his presence and just smile from ear to ear, because that's the best
feeling in the whole world.

Kurashiki is definitely a little peace of heaven on earth. I feel
like all my areas have been just a small peace of what heaven really
feels like. And what does heaven feel like? Well, you really can't
explain. Kurashiki by far has been probably one of the most fast pace
places I have been in. All of Japan is fast pace, but Kurashiki is a
little bit more fast then I guess I'm used to. But, boy is it fun!
Being the only two missionaries in all Kurashiki puts a lot of things
on your shoulders. But there good things. Less actives, members,
investigators, Eikaiwa (English class), you aren't Sharing that with
the Elders but just you and your companion. How lucky are we?! But, as
of right now we really are low on investigators, but lucky for us,
because we are happy finders! We also have been told that our members
are sharing the gospel and are talking about the missionaries coming
over to share the gospel, how nice are they?!

Kurashiki is also like the most kiseki(miracle) area ever! We have
been finding people right and left! We are going to visit one of our
potential investigators tomorrow that we find last week. She told us
how her family is Shinto, but her parents passed away about 2 years
ago and how she is just sad and lonely. But, lucky for us because
Jesus Christ's message is all about hope and love and eternal joy! Met
a guy from India 🇼🇳 who actually came up to us while we were giving
out Eikaiwa flyers and asked if we could teach him Japanese and we
said "sure, we will do that." We are going to do the 30/30 program
with him!

This past week I was able to have a great kokan(exchange) with one of
my good friends Quirce Shimai, I have known that girl for so long.
Back in my times in Kyoto. One of the best sister trainig leaders I
have ever had. I learned so much from that girl. I lover her!

This week we have been given more chances to teach about the Plan of
Salvation. We were able to share a little bit about the gospel of
Jesus Christ as well with a referral. I can feel every day the Lords
hand in my life and in the Kurashiki area. We got to listen to the
women's session of general conference. President Uchdorf's talk on the
3 sisters was definitely one to remember. One of my favorite quotes
:"My dear sisters, please let these divine truths sink deeply into
your hearts. And you will find that there are many reasons not to be
sad, for you have an eternal destiny to fulfill."
But, honestly remember friends and family that The spirit is the True
converter. I have realized that on my mission and keep realizing. I am
only an instrument in God's hands, I am a mouth piece for him, and the
spirit is the one who does convert! That is why we baptize converts!
People who are converted to the gospel!

Love you all! Have a great week!

æ„›ă—ăŠă„ăŸă™!
ăƒ­ă‚±ăƒƒăƒˆć§‰ćŠč

- members
- more members
-Thailand friends(literally came up to us and asked to be friends, and
gave us their phone numbers and said if we ever come to Thailand to
say hi)
-Kokan
-Kaori chan, Quirce Shimai and I
-my beautiful companion and I

No comments:

Post a Comment