Sunday, September 10, 2017

Week 53: 倉敷-KURASHIKI





Sent from my iPad

皆さんおはようございます!

Well it was my time to leave Yonago, and I didn't go that far either!
I was transferred to the beautiful city of Kurashiki!
And let me tell you it's been nothing but the most amazing miracles on
the planet earth here in Kurashiki!
I'm not in Yonago anymore, I'm not in a big city! Like Yonago was a
city too but we had more rice fields and it was more Inaka (country
side). Kurashiki is a big city, to me!
I also got a new companion her name is Sister Shumway from Lehi, Utah.
She is so cute! I love this girl! She has fire dendou like I haven't
seen before! She brought dendou to a whole new level! When we dendou
together, we are unstoppable. She is so bold and courageous. So, far
being in Kurashiki we have been approached many times by people just
wanting to just talk to us! We were invited to an English class so we
could have more friends in Japan! Like how nice is that?! Thats
literally what the guy said to us he said "oh, I have this English
class I go to each week, please come, I can take you with my wife,
here you can meet more people and have more friends." Of course we
want to go! Haha!! We love friends!

Also the cool thing about Kurashiki is that we get to go to J-kaiwa
(Japanese class) and guess what?! It's free! And even better I get MY
VERY OWN TEACHER!!! Like one on one teaching! Like what? I know! I was
so surprised too! It's like too good to be true, but it's true.. we
went and it's great! We go twice a week and learn Japanese.. great
finding opportunity as well! We now having some Philippine friends and
some Chinese friends! Nihaou!

Kurashiki is sooo amazing , the members are great... Kurashiki just
needs a little work which I am so grateful and happy to do. We don't
have a lot of investigators... but shumway Shimai and I have been
working our tail ends off... we have been walking everywhere because I
don't have my bike yet, but we have been meeting some cool people!

Shumway Shimai and I were talking the other day about rejections...
haha... as a missionary you get rejected a lot! I mean a lot! And some
people take it well and others don't. He trick is to take it with a
smile and keep working hard! Shumway Shimai shared a scripture with me
it's in

Doctrine and Covenants 6:29-31:

29 Verily, verily, I say unto you, if they reject my words, and this
part of my gospel and ministry, blessed are ye, for they can do no
more unto you than unto me.
30 And even if they do unto you even as they have done unto me,
blessed are ye, for you shall dwell with me in glory.
31 But if they reject not my words, which shall be established by the
testimony which shall be given, blessed are they, and then shall ye
have joy in the fruit of your labors.

And it didn't dawn on me until we talked about it. When we are
rejected we must enjoy the moments. Because sharing the gospel brings
joy! We must rejoice! God is great! Jesus is great! And if they choose
not to follow or listen, that's okay just go find the person that
wants to!

So grateful for the shining moments of being rejected haha!

Love you all!

Lockett Shimai!

No comments:

Post a Comment