Sunday, August 27, 2017

Week 51: The story of 2 Seekers of Truth


Isshiwori Shimai


Party!!



Yonago!


Team Nakada


The Matsue fam!


Yonago


Do you see the coin?



iPadから送信My beautiful friends and family-

Good morning!
This week was probably one of the best weeks!

We went to Okayama again! But, this time we went on exchanges with the
sister training leaders! I had the great great opportunity to go with
a great friend of mine Sister Holkanson. She definitely knows how to
meet my goals. My goal was to learn how to talk more about Jesus
Christ. And she nailed it. That morning we did some service at a local
hospital where we folded diapers. I was able to learn about her and
her mission. We were able to talk about what joy this gospel brings to
us. We also met with a sister that I love too too much! I'll talk
about her later.

I think that jump started my finding methods for the week where I
would just talk about Jesus Christ. And I did... I looked for every
opportunity to speak and testify of him. And we saw miracles! I think
one of the greatest miracles that come are when you testify of Christ
and when you are grateful. Quite a few of our lessons fell through
this week... but it was all smiles here! I couldn't just but smile,
because I knew that if something fell through it was back to finding!
And to be honest I love finding! I used to not like it... it just felt
so tiring... but once you let God choose your path for you, if you
listen to the spirit, and try to follow the promoting, you will be
surprised what happens. Life is full of miracles especially on the
mission, but we must have the eyes to see and the ears to hear. We
must keep our mind wide open.

Yesterday we were at a park walking around and we met a lady who at
first my companion was hesitant to go and talk to so I pushed through
and I said "hello, we are from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter
Day Saints.", her face kinda lit up, "oh, I've met you before.. I
actually have a Book of yours.. the Book of Mormon," what??? Turns out
she was a old investigator who was dropped because of being busy. So
we got her contact information and we will be meeting with her soon.

Okay.... now my title of my letter is "The Story of 2 Seekers of
Truth". Well there are probably millions of people on this earth just
waiting and seeking for truth, but I wanted to focus on a Nepali
sister and a Japanese sister.

Okay... so to finish the story of Okayama. I had the great privilege
to go and meet a sister preparing for baptism. Her name is Isshiwori
Shimai. She came from Nepal with her husband. When I met her, I didn't
really know what to expect, I had heard really really good things
about her. Like amazing miracles and I was still trying to find out
what they were saying. So... we came over and sat down with her. And
let me tell you.... I was in for a treat. We had a lesson for an hour
and that was the most amazing lesson I have ever been in! Her story is
incredible. She had been searching and seeking for the truth, but
haven't found it yet. Then one day the sisters in Okayama pulled up
next to her.. she is literally one of my favorite people on this
planet. Her faith is out of this world. When they would ask her to
keep a commandment she would say "if God said it or if Jesus said it,
No problem," in her cute Nepali accent. I learned many things about
Nepal, her family, how people are baptized in Nepal, And how far faith
can take you! She always says "I love Jesus too too much ." When in
actuality she's saying "I love Jesus so so much." She still is working
on English. But, how much my testimony of Jesus Christ grew that day.
This past Friday she was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter Day Saints. How grateful I am for the Okayama sisters for
following prompting of the Lord, and for Isshiwori Shimai for having
the courage and the faith to follow our Savior Jesus Christ.

The last story is about one of my investigators! Her name is Chiaki
chan. She is from Yonago and was found last year. But, let me tell you
her faith is unwavering. She knows that what she is doing is right.
Last transfer Catron Shimai and I picked her up. She is so ready for
all the many blessings or church can give to her, the only problem is
her mom is hantai(against) the church. But, yesterday I had the grate
privilege of seeing her at church, I was a little nervous she showed
up late, but made it for sacrament meeting and all the other classes.
She has so much faith she even bikes over 45 minutes just to be at
church. Oh how grateful I am for her willingness to keep Gods
commandments and come to church. I am also so grateful for her
willingness to keep pushing forward with faith!

May we all try doing the same, push forward with faith and love Jesus
Christ will all our heart, might, mind and strength!


Love you all have a great week!

Lockett Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment