Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 13 Zone Taikai, Kobe, and exhausted!

みなさんこんにちは!
Minasan konnichiwa,

I can't believe I've been in Japan for a whole month! Where did the
time go? I felt like I just got here, but I have been here for a full
4 weeks! It has been nothing, but crazy adventures! Japan always seems
to amaze me with all the weird and amazing things they have!

This week has been a really tiring week. I don't think I have been
this tired except the week I got here. But, man I had my first zone
conference and I learned so much from that meeting. We talked a lot
about repentance and faith. We also got the challenge of reading the
Book of Mormon and looking for faith and repentance. So I'm really
excited to start that. We got some really great counsel from our
president and I learned so much. That night we left to Kobe and spent
the night in Kobe. I got to see my old companion Epling Shimai, and I
got to see my old Senpai Conejo Shimai! The next day we went to TTT
(trainer, trainee, training) it was amazing. I met up with all my old
Senpai. We were just missing Goto Shimai she was sick so I was a
little sad not to see her. But, we had fun anyways. I got so much good
insight and some helpful tips! We then left and headed home back to
和歌山 (Wakayama)!
  The next day we went to a zone meeting and got some more helpful
advice, I just have received so much revelation these past few days! I
am so grateful for all the training and effort our leaders have put
into teaching us.
  Saturday was a really fun day, we had to leave early, because we
had to make a long trek over to this restaurant. One of the brothers
in our ward invited the Elders and us to this lunch. It was a all you
can eat restaurant with this grill like place where you could get a
bunch of raw meat and cook it on this grill in the middle of your
table. It was genius!!! I was overwhelmed with home much meat and food
there was it was amazing!
  After we headed back to our apartment, but we did a little bit of
finding. We ended up at these pretty poor apartments, that were sad to
see, but we ended up meeting this old obacha (grandma) who was really
nice and she talked to us about the church.. she was really nice! She
also gave us these hackysack things they are so cute. She really had
nothing but gave us something she really is Christ like and I love her
so much. We hope one day she will come to church!

I have really felt the saviors love for me and for his children
everyday. The Japanese is really hard, but I can feel myself learn
more and more and grow even more. I have such a love for the
scriptures and I keep learning more and more.
One of my favorite scriptures right now is
Alma 60:23-
23 Do ye suppose that God will look upon you as guiltless while ye sit
still and behold these things? Behold I say unto you, Nay. Now I would
that ye should remember that God has said that the inward vessel shall
be cleansed first, and then shall the outer vessel be cleansed also.
I read this scripture and thought about having faith and taking
action, that it all starts with cleansing the inward vessel of having
a desire, that when you then take action and clean the outer vessel
and share the gospel.

Love you all! あいしています!

Love ロケット姉妹

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment