Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 5-The Joy of opening your mouth

Well this week has been nothing but miracles.

You realize once you become a missionary, you are always representing the lord at all times, in all things and in all places.

I have found that once you start opening your mouth, it will be filled. This past week we  had 2 new districts of missionaries come in. It was incredible to see them, and their smiling faces. This past week I have really thought about them and how I felt when I was in their shoes at that time. How I was so confused and frustrated that the language wasn't coming. I had the great opportunity to talk with an Elder who was having a hard time with the language, and at first we were talking about his lessons and how he was doing, and then he kinda just opened up to me and told me everything that was on his mind. Why he was frustrated, what exactly he was feeling. At first I really didn't know what to say, but it was when I opened my mouth that I told him what I would love to have told myself when I came into the MTC. I said "Elder, do not worry (shimpai shini), the language may feel overwhelming, but trust me Elder if you really try and get studying, and have faith that God called you for a reason... you will be a lot more happier". And that was about all I said. Later I found a scripture that a sister gave me when I was having a hard time. It's Alma 29, if you ever get the chance go read it, it is amazing especially for you missionaries:) 

So.... this past Saturday was the half way point here in the MTC, we had a a little yah we are half way there realization for a split second and then it faded away... but next weekend we should be getting our new name tags in Katakana, the week after that we should be getting flight plans and the week after that we are packing, it felt like yesterday that I was dropped off by my parents, now it's getting so real. On this coming Monday we will be the new Disenpai which mans we are the top group that is leaving...... ahhhhh crazy. But, that also means that our 3 native speakers are leaving as well as our only all Elder district. But, next Tuesday and Wednesday we will be getting I think it was 9 native Japanese speakers and I think 6 or 7 maybe 8 missionaries that are from the states, and get this they are all going to Kobe!!!! All the stateside missionaries that is. Also I don't know if I said this before but I have a calling in our ward. I am one of the online coordinators that helps with the new missionaries and helping them email their families and branch president. But, this Sunday everything gets reassigned and I'm really excited! 

I wanted to thank my family and my grandparents for the amazing packages that I have received thank you! 

So funny thing happened in one of our lessons. So, sometimes if you say the wording wrong in a sentence it can mean a completely different thing. In my lesson I was trying to say you are a child of God and instead I said  God is your child. So, that was awesome... it was hilarious. 

Yesterday was probably one of the most amazing things that has ever happened and it was a miracle that it happened. Yesterday my Dōryō and I were preparing for a lesson, we sat for a good 20 minutes and could figure out for the life of us what our investigator told us or what our lesson or commitment before was about. We sat and we sat wondering and trying to figure it out. Then one of the weirdest things happened I said  "Dōryō, I'm going to say a prayer and then we will know". Not knowing if my faith could help us I said a prayer, and after I said amen I sat there  and kept hoping and praying that my faith would get us to remember, as I looked up I could see that my Dōryō was writing everything down on the board that we talked about. It was a strong testimony builder to me, that miracles are real and they do happen. 

My dear family and friends, always remember that God is so real, he is there for the good and the bad and he is there ALWAYS!!!! Don't push him away and don't forget who you are, and who he is. Know that Jesus is his son and he is your Savior. He suffered and died for you so you can one day return and live again. 

Watashitachi wa kamisama no kodomo desu. (We are Gods children)
Iesu Kirisuto wa watashitachi no sukunishi desu. (Jesus Christ is our Savior)
Kamisama wa watashitachi no ai shite imasu. ( God loves us)
Watashitachi wa gen no otōsama ni kansha shimasu. (I'm grateful for my Heavenly Father)
I love all of you! 
Ai shite imasu! 

XOXO Lockett Shimai
         ロケット 姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment