Monday, October 3, 2016

MTC Week 2-  Raining Days bring Blessings DESU

Konnichiwa Family and Friends!

This week has been nothing but blessings and miracles!

Wow.. what to say. This week has been one of the longest and toughest weeks I have ever experienced in my life. This week has been very rainy and packed full of blessings from above. All this week I have been doing nothing but studying, studying, and studying. I'm not going to lie, Japanese is a very difficult language to grasp and so very different from Spanish. One of the greatest things that we have in the MTC is humor. Our choro tachi are hilarious! Our choro tachi like to impersonate the Sensais ( teachers) that we have. We have this one Sensai named Strauss Kiodi (Brother Stauss) and he is so funny... he always talks with this funny voice that everybody loves, and then at the end he says "Desu" and in english it sounds like "des" in Japanese there is no "u". But, he can be talking in Japanese he ends with "desu" so that's fine, but then when says a full on sentence of english and then at the end says "desu" everybody can't stop laughing. So our new inside joke is to say "desu" at the end of every sentence we have. 

Okay.. what else happened???
Oh.. yah a lot of our zone is leaving on Monday to Japan and when I mean a lot.. I mean like 20+ people are leaving. That means that there is only going to be 6 sisters left in the zone including my companion and I . And on Wednesday we are only getting 3 sisters! But, I am very excited for them and where they are going. Oh I also forgot to tell everyone that we decided who everyone in our district is in Disney characters. Chab Choro- Mike lazowski from Monsters Inc., Cuff Choro- Bruce from Finding Nemo, Sadler Choro- Mater from Cars, Jones Choro- Woody from Toy Story, Crippin Choro- Crush from Finding Nemo, Davis Choro- Llama Cuzco from Emperor's New Groove, I'm Dori from Finding nemo (because I forget everything), Epling Shimai- Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Snow Shimai- Anna from Frozen, and Bills Shimai- Rapunzel from Tangled. And to get a Disney character you have to given it, you can't choose yours. 

Oh my goodness there are these two Shimai tachi in my zone that I love so dearly. There is Conejo Shimai and she is from Mexico City, Mexico! Yah, I know I thought it was hard for me to understand Japanese, these sister is a beast! She is truely amazing and she has this thick Spanish Accent. A few of my favorite lines she says is " Is it because I'm mexican" and " Booooo yah!!!" She is truely an inspiration to me everyday. There is also Goto Shimai she is from Saporro, Japan and she is going to Kobe! I should has said they both are going to Japan so it's very likely I will be companions with them both soon! And Goto Shimai is so funny! She doesn't know that much English, but she is so amazing, she was converted about a year ago by her boyfriend and was the first person to get her endowment out in the Saporro temple! How amazing is that! She always puts a smile on my face and makes we want to do better everyday! There was this one time that I came out of the shower and I saw her, I only had my towel on and she looks at me and just starts laughing and points and says "Locketto Shimai Sexy". It made my day! 

On Sunday we had a devotional and it was amazing! The words that were spoken brought tears to my eyes! One of the quotes were "Even though you work in a flower shop doesn't mean you can stop smelling the roses". This was from last Wednesday when we went to the temple




This is Conejo Shimai



Left to Right (Page Shimai, Me, Goto Shimai)



Now my title said Rainy days brings blessings... I was talking about all the many blessings that I have been receiving. All the Love I have been given. These past few days have been rough on everyone. Everyone in our zone has been hit with some type of virus that has been making us all so miserable. And yes the flu shot did not work because I got sick, but it wasn't all that bad. I just did everything my parent's told me to do and that is sleep, drink lots of water, and sleep some more. So.... I did! I feel a 100 times better, but I have a stuffy nose and a sore throat still. But, I was given this beautiful blessing that made me want to express the love I have for everyone! Thank you all for all that you do! Last night we had a devo, and one of the speakers Sister Schwitzer talked about having "no regrets", and that woman is so so powerful with her words. I want all of you really love everyday that you are here... to really understand the love your Heavenly Father has for you! And I can tell you all that I do not have a single regret at all of being here, of doing the Lords work because I know that this is what I should be doing and I am loving every moment of it! 
When you feel down, when you feel low, that nothing is going you way... PRAY and read! I promise you that the spirit does work though you and though others, I have had to learn to rely on my Heavenly Father and my Savior more than ever these past few days, and he is all powerful! Prayer is one of the my blessings that I am so very grateful that I have!

My dear Family and Friends I love you all, I think about each and everyone of you everyday!
Kazoku to furenzu ni kansha shimasu - (I am thankful for my family and friends)

Please do not stop loving the lord, always look to him in your good days and your bad. Learn to rely on him! You can do most things but you can never do them alone!

I love you all (Aishitte masu)

XOXO
Lockett Shimai 

No comments:

Post a Comment