Sunday, July 30, 2017

Week 47: Hope is sometimes the only thing we can hold on to.




Sent from my iPad

Dear Families and Friends!

Konnichiwa!

This past week has been exhausting, didn't think i would be this
exhausted! But, this was amazing! Monday we got to meet with a past
investigator. She had once had a baptismal date, but wasn't able to
make it. Chiaki san is her name. And it was one of the best lessons I
have ever been in. The spirit was so strong and it was just so
powerful. This girl is so prepared. God does prepare his children to
hear this gospel, and I have no doubt that he does provide a way. We
taught one of the most beautiful lessons. We talked about the Book of
Mormon. Such amazing power comes from this book! In the lesson we
found out that she reads from the Book of Mormon and prays everyday!
We were also told that she has family influences against the church...
but, God has a plan. I have come to find that Gods hand is in this
work so we must ALWAYS trust him and his plan. We are now teaching
Chiaki san lessons! The hope is what keeps this young girl and me
always trusting and exercising our faith in Christ.

There was one more story I would like to share. This is about a less
active named Eiko Shimai. Every time we visit Eiko Shimai she makes us
delicious food. But this time we visited was for transfers we had a
feeling that Catron Shimai might be leaving so we visited and we
talked with her about her life. eiko Shimai is an amazing person! She
has traveled all of the world. She went to Europe, Ireland, Jerusalem,
and many more... but what made me think the most and what struck me
the most was that she loved everyone that she met, she met many
different people everywhere. Who she would just meet once and love
them. She also likes English so she would try her best to speak to
these people. How amazing is that! What an impact can once person do!
I love this lady!

So transfer day came and Catron Shimai left... she went to THE ROCK!
She went to Takamatsu! I was then put with a 4th transfer, her name is
Lenfesty Shimai and she is from Texas. Really nice missionary, she
knows her scriptures but she is really shy so we will see how this
transfer is going. My hope is that I will be able to work on my
Japanese and stretch it. As well as help my companion, so we as a
companionship will be able to find those who are waiting for this
gospel!

Love you all!!

Oh and yesterday we got invited to go with a member to watch
fireworks, there was soooooo many people!

Yonago is great!

Lockett Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment