Sunday, May 21, 2017

Week 37: About one year ago...






Here's the doryos(companions)... the 4 before my companion now.







About one year ago.. my life was changed. About one year ago I was in
my living room of my house opening my mission call that would change
my life forever. One year ago...

Can you believe time flies that fast... because I sure can't. I
remember entering into the MTC and saying goodbye to my family. Little
did I know that this decision to serve a mission would grow me more
than I thought ever would be possible. Little did I know that this
would be one of the greatest decisions of my life, and little did I
know that it would be one of the hardest decisions of my life.
This week flew by... and to some up this week there were so many
miracles and I met an apostle! Yes, an apostle! I met Elder Dallin H.
Oaks. He came and visited the Japan Kobe Mission! How great is that?
We had a special missionary devotional on Saturday with the whole
Japan Kobe Missionaries! I feel so lucky to be able to be right at the
feet of an apostle and listen and learn. We all got to go up and shake
his hand and say hello as well. One of the things that I really
enjoyed is what he said about being a missionary.. he said "you are
called on your mission to be the BEST YOU CAN BE!" And he as well as
everyone else that spoke talked about Finding Joy in the Gospel! The
simple word "Joy" can mean so much on a mission. I think sometimes as
missionaries, we forget that this is suppose to be enjoyed... this
life and being a missionary. I also loved when he said that "the
difference between a new missionary (first transfer) and a missionary
that is more mature or longer in the mission field, is that they are
UNDERSTANDING THAT THEY ARE A SERVANT OF THE LORD."
There won't be another time or at least not for awhile in my life,
that I will be serving and devoting all my time to the Lord. I sat
there just really took everything in that Elder Oaks was teaching us
and I felt that I might need to change. So, I did, I changed the way I
spoke to people, the way I proselyted, my facial expressions and I
could feel myself starting to change.

Another amazing miracle! We taught one of our progressing
investigators! She has such a desire to change, and I'm glad she wants
us to help with that! It is one of the greatest feelings in the world
to look at someone in the eyes, who you can tell just needs the gospel
so much, and you sit and talk and try to help her as best as you can,
because you know that your Japanese is not perfect, but you know that
God is putting whatever you say Into that persons cracked heart. I
could not have asked for anything better!

I love this gospel! I love the people I serve! And I love my Savior
Jesus Christ!

Seeing my family last week on Skype was a blessing, but also weird...
I shed a few tears to know that my family has confidence in me and the
work that I try my hardest to do. I love them, and I love all of you!
Please open your mouths... share this gospel with friends and family..
because if you love this gospel and if you Love God as much as I do,
then you would want all of our brothers and sisters to return back to
Him one day.

Love you all!
Have a great week!
愛しています!

ロケット姉妹


Joan is so beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. As always, entertaining and educational! Keep those blog posts coming….love reading them all from start to finish!

    Buy Silver Coins In San Francisco

    ReplyDelete